Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Soup Anyone?

While Princess E’s computer is on the blink, her Grammy B has been given permission to put up a few posts. Here goes…

Fall is just around the corner and that means: Soup Time! I found this soup recipe in the LDS Living magazine today and with my overflowing basket of zucchini decided to give it a try. And…it is a yummy appetizer. I tweaked the recipe a bit:

Easy Cream Cheese Zucchini Soup

4 cups sliced zucchini
4 cups water, 1 cup ice cubes
1 (8-oz) package cream cheese
1 envelope onion soup mix or vegetable soup mix

Cook zucchini and soup mix in 4 cups water until very tender. Take off stove and add 1 cup ice to cool. Pour into blender. Add cream cheese. Blend until smooth. (My blender was too small to do this all at once, so I did it in two bunches.) Return to pot and heat through. Slurp.
Serves 6


No comments:

Post a Comment