Thursday, August 4, 2011

Moments That Matter Most


I've been reading short and sweet self-help messages from Richard Carlson Ph.D., in his book, "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff with Your Family. These little page-long tips are practical, and should be common sense, but they are definitely things to think about.

A few weeks ago I read about "Letting Go of Expectations." I am a planner, and sometimes, I do a little too much thinking about how a certain event or day or encounter should go. It is frustrating and disappointing when things don't go as planned. Sometimes I freak out about little things, like Elsie spilling a drink, or being late for an appointment.

Carlson says letting go of some expectations allows you to open your heart and accept what is. Learning to be calm and roll with punches is a necessary part of life, and will help me be happier. And, just like this little video shows, it will allow me to pay attention to what matters most.

No comments:

Post a Comment