Saturday, June 11, 2011

Patriotic Star Door Hanger

The fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. I love the fireworks, BBQs, and the beautiful colors of red, white, and blue. One of my neighbors had a star like this hanging for Halloween, and I loved the idea. Perfect for creating a one-of-a-kind door decoration! So here's my version. You can find these metal stars at Joanns, Hobby Lobby, Taipan, etc.






All you need are scissors, scrapbooking cardstock, and Mod Podge. I just made a stencil of the shape of the facet, and cut out as many pieces as I needed. The paper didn't fit perfectly, so I just sandpapered off the edges, and-- ta dah! And doesn't it just accent my pumpkin orange door so well? Ah, the joys of renting. I really do love it-- it's perfect for a festive first impression. The door? Not so much a good first impression.

1 comment: