Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Living Thrifty

I have started to become a very thrifty person. I frequent the D.I., department store clearance racks, and even stop by the sale food grocery cart in the back of the store. Here are some ways I stay so cheap, and I would love to know about your ways to save as well!

1. Choosing to use cloth diapers will save us $2000 every year, and I actually have come to love them. It cost about $150 to purchase 30 diapers. This is enough to clean a load every other day. Elsie hardly ever gets diaper rashes, and she looks so cute sporting several different colors or prints.
2. Dropping our phone plan and adding additional lines to my parent's plan has saved a lot. We were paying $85 a month for a very basic plan for the two of us. Adding an additional line to their existing family plan only costs $10 a month.
3. I've gotten $100s of dollars of free items from freebies and giveaways. Find facebook/ twitter pages of your favorite stores, and follow them. There are so many great companies that do tons of giveaways. Some of my favorites are: Bearpaw, Sanuk, BareMinerals, Sephora, Lime Ricki Swimwear, Fabulous Fun Finds, and The Vintage Pearl. This helps to satisfy my shopping fix.
** Now let me know what you do!

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed that you do the cloth diapers. I don't think I will ever be that thrifty :)

    ReplyDelete