Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Lesson of the Wallet















As we walk out the door to run errands, E. squeals with delight at the sight of my wallet. I let her hold it and she proudly clutches it with both hands as we head towards the car. She loves to open and close it, and pull out all of my credit cards. This happens EVERY time she sees the thing.



I've always wondered why babies love things like remotes, keys, phones and wallets, and now I've decided why. These things are important to us; necessary in our daily lives. I would be frantic and lost if I couldn't find my wallet. Elsie sees how important this item is to me, and so it becomes important and interesting to her as well. She is just trying to emulate her mommy.



Just like that orange wallet, I can pass the necessity and importance of other things on to her. Today I'm committing to better show her my dedication to music, reading, being happy, and loving the gospel of Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! You are such a good mom to your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Ally…what a cute wallet! where ever in the world did you get it? Whoever you got it from must have fabulous taste. Also, we are coming in two weeks. hope you’re ready to switch it out! love your sis

    ReplyDelete