Friday, July 30, 2010

Initial in a Frame

Trying to decorate our little home on a budget has helped me be creative and cheap. It is actually quite fun going to D.I finding little treasures-- imagining what they can become! Using initials is popular right now, and I love this trend. We recently painted a coffee table apple green, and I LOVE the color. So, I decided to use it for another project.
I used:
* A $1 frame bought from D.I.
* A wooden block letter from Michaels- $2.99
* One piece of scrapbooking paper in a pattern I liked
* Leftover paint-- (You can by a container of craft paint at any craft store for about $1.50, but I like the finish from a higher quality paint from a hardware store. You can buy a sample container for about $3.00.)
*Glue gun- I have a really cheap one from JoAnns, but it works just great
I gave the frame another coat of white, and painted the L apple green, then sanded each a little to give a more vintage look. I cut the scrapbook paper and a piece of cardboard to fit the frame, stuck it in, and positioned the L where I wanted it. Elsie helped... And here it is finished and sitting on my bookcase. It gives the room a little pop! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment